The International Debate Education Association announces an open call for applicants for the position of the Northeast Asia Program Coordinator. The position begins in September 2010 and the contract period is for one year with the possibility of renewal.
IDEA develops, organizes, and promotes debate and debate-related activities in communities throughout the world. IDEA’s mission is to promote mutual understanding and democracy globally by supporting discussion and active citizenship locally.
The Program Coordinator for this office will be based in Seoul, South Korea and will be supervised by Robert Trapp in the IDEA offices in Salem, Oregon.
1. Manage a regional debate program
2. Make site visits to establish local infrastructures for programs
3. Coordinate debate workshops
4. Supervise the development and translation of debate education materials into local languages
5. Communicate with other IDEA offices and staff
6. Network and establish relationships with local and regional partners
7. Assist with additional events when needed
1. Must be a citizen of the United States or Canada
2. Must speak and write fluently in English
3. Fluent Mandarin and or Korean preferred
4. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
5. Debate training experience
6. Flexibility and willingness to travel on short notice
7. Excellent communication skills
8. Self-motivation and efficiency
9. Willing to be based in Seoul, Korea
Interested parties should send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for at least three references to Robert Trapp at firstname.lastname@example.org and Lin Lu at email@example.com. We will begin considering applications on April 30th, 2010 and will continue until the position is filled.