The Program Coordinator for this office will be based in Chiang Mai, Thailand. The Program Coordinator is supervised by Robert Trapp in the IDEA offices in Salem, Oregon.
- Manage a regional debate program.
- Manage a Youth Action Fund that gives small grants to youth-driven projects.
- Make site visits to establish local infrastructures for programs.
- Coordinate debate workshops.
- Supervise the development and translation of debate education materials into local languages.
- Communicate with other IDEA offices and staff.
- Network and establish relationships with local and regional partners.
- Assist with additional events when needed.
- Must have the legal right to live and work in Thailand.
- Must speak and write fluently in Thai.
- Must speak and write fluently in English.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Debate training experience.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel on short notice.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-motivation and efficiency.
- Willing to be based in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
Interested parties should send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for at least 3 references to Robert Trapp at firstname.lastname@example.org, Lin Lu at email@example.com, and Alisa Keetanitinun at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will begin considering applications on 30 November 2009, and will continue until the position is filled.