The following contains updated information regarding the opening for the Southeast Asia program coordinator previously announced in early November.
The International Debate Education Association (IDEA) announces an open call for applicants for the position of Southeast Asia Program Coordinator. The position begins in March 2010. The contract period is for six months with a possibility of renewal.
IDEA develops, organizes, and promotes debate and debate-related activities in communities throughout the world. IDEA's mission is to promote mutual understanding and democracy globally by supporting discussion and active citizenship locally.
The program coordinator for this office will be based in Chiang Mai, Thailand and will be supervised by Robert Trapp in the in the IDEA offices in Salem, Oregon.
1. Manage a regional debate program.
2. Manage a Youth Action Fund that gives small grants to youth-driven projects.
3. Makes site visits to establish local infrastructures for programs.
4. Coordinates debate workshops.
5. Supervises the development and translation of debate education materials into local languages.
6. Communicates with other IDEA offices and staff.
7. Networks and establishes relationships with local and regional partners.
8. Assists with additional events when needed.
1. Must have the legal right to live and work in Thailand.
2. Must speak and write fluently in Thai.
3. Must speak and write fluently in English.
4. Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
5. Debate training experience or a keen interest to learn about debate.
6. Flexibility and willingness to travel on short notice.
7. Excellent communication skills.
8. Self-motivation and efficiency.
9. Willing to be based in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
Interested parties should send a cover letter, resume and contact information for at least three references to Robert Trapp (firstname.lastname@example.org), Lin Lu (email@example.com), and Alisa Keetanitinun (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will begin considering application on January 1, 2010 and will continue until the position is filled.